While investigating stores and the event that is FREE Comic Book Day ( FCBD), I noticed there were lots of promotion for the FCBD event itself, but little to no artist/creator promotional and relationship building material for the store itself and its’ customers. There was no branding, no creator community bonding, no creator retailer cross promoting… again, just the branding of the FCBD.
FCBD is already a known staple in the comic book world, what may be an unknown is your book, and the best way to change that is to get them in stores. How? You build relationships with the store owners, who have access to the customers, who in turn have access to the money and potential success of your work of art.
How do you go about building this relationship? The method I will be discussing is that of Private labeling, have the store incorporated in the comic book or published work you’ve created, the easiest way to do this is by creating a store specific personalized emblem, picture, ect… on your book cover….this emblem/picture will be the accompanied by the FCBD emblem. However, it will also brand you as a partnership fixture in the mind of the store owners and the potential customers that pick up your book.
- Free Comic Book Day May 5 (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)
- More on How to Handle Free Comic Book Day (comicsworthreading.com)
- Free Comic Book Day this weekend! (bwmedia.wordpress.com)
- Aspen Comics Celebrates Free Comic Book Day 2012 (comicbookresources.com)
- Who Is Free Comic Book Day For? (comicsworthreading.com)
- Free Comic Book Day is May 5th at Back to the Past! (backtothepast.tv)